Wednesday 1 May 2013

1000 Cranes for Me-Made-May'13

What better way to start Me-Made-May than with a brand new skirt? One of my panic fabric purchases has already been transformed! 


I bought 1.5m of this beautiful cotton from Rashida Coleman-Hale's Tsuru collection for Could 9 from M is for Make. Just enough to whip up this skirt in time for May Day, thanks to very speedy delivery and a weekend of childcare.

I might need a tripod/box/photographer?

Boringly, it's the same Jenny Gordy tulip skirt pattern. Again with the added pockets but swapping the button placket for a side zip. I also added a purple lining.


I was so pleased with having resisted the cranes in my usual go-to colourway (navy), the cerulean is so pretty. Then with only hems and a bit of slip stitching left to do I took against it. Does that ever happen to you? Almost getting to the finish to suddenly fall out of love? I'm so glad I did finish it though, I have absolutely loved wearing it today. Bring on Me-Made-May!



4 comments:

  1. Your skirt is lovely. The fabric is brilliant! I agree with what you say about falling out with something towards the finish. I think I just get bored looking at the same thing when I'm making it, but a few days later, I love it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Lynne. We should have more faith in our designs!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I almost bought that same fabric but resisted the urge because I already have quite a stash that I have to use. Your skirt is beautiful, and I would never have thought it was the same pattern as your denim one (which I also love by the way)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I think the fabric makes it much more dressy than the denim. I can see myself wearing this pattern out...

      Delete