Wednesday 24 April 2013

Spring Tulip Skirt

Yesterday a powerful urge took hold of me; I HAD to make a skirt! 


It must have been a combination of the sunshine (finally!) and the Great British Sewing Bee final that spurred me into action. I've had this pattern, a simple tulip skirt by Jenny Gordy, printed out and stuck together for about 8 months. The denim has been kicking around for even longer.

I switched it up a bit, ditching the waist ties and adding pieced slash pockets and belt loops. Dresses and skirts without pockets drive me nuts, I need somewhere to put my keys! I used this cute ladder print Liberty remnant to line the pockets and face the waistband. 

I'm pretty chuffed with it, I have to say. A 24 hour make that will definitely get worn. Good wholesome cake

(despite my face, I am honestly chuffed!)




No comments:

Post a Comment