Friday 26 April 2013

Rash decisions and ambitious plans

Last night, I indulged in my frequent pastime of plotting. I like to 'research' future projects, which in reality means many hours lost to various blogs and websites, resulting in long lists of the garments I intend to produce. Sometimes an entirely new coordinated wardrobe full. And of course the inevitable fabric and pattern purchases.

Notice the word "intend"

I'm pretty bad at the follow through. Maybe planning four garments at a time is not the best idea?

So anyway, mid research/shopping, I realised that it's almost May. Almost Me-Made-May'13! I really love seeing all the outfit photos and want tone part of it, so despite having only a couple of skirts, one top and and unfinished (badly fitted) Cambie dress, I signed up straight away;

'I, Sarah of sarahbgood, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour to wear two handmade or refashioned garments a week for the duration of May 2013' 

Surely I can commit to that? But in case I get sick of wearing the same two skirts for the next few weeks, I do have a fair amount of fabric and pretty patterns to whip up a few more things.

yellow spot interlock; red/pink Liberty baby cord; blue Liberty Lawn; giraffe silk chiffon

Oh, and a new pattern. And one or two lengths of fabric. You know, just in case!



No comments:

Post a Comment